WHAT IS A LOADING RACK?
A loading rack is a structure that consists of both a platform AND a loading arm. This combination is used during the loading and unloading of materials for both trucks and railcars. Engineered to minimize any user reach and provides precision for workers ensuring they safely access the top of a truck or train at the height needed for their application.
- Pre-engineered platform configurations & custom designs.
- 1 1/2 standard pipe top rail, designed to meet OSHA standards.
- Serrated bar grating or other slip resistant walk surfaces available in stainless steel, aluminum or fiberglass.
- Platforms designed to support one or multiple gangways as required.
- Design loads for footing requirements can be provided.
TYPES OF LOADING RACKS
Loading Racks are designed with different applications in mind.
Single Pedestal Design
The single pedestal design is engineered where limited space is available. It also has the added benefit of reducing the number of concrete footings at the base saving you time and money during installation.
Tower Support Design
The tower support design is best utilized where loading arms are involved, a canopy is required, piping support may be necessary under the platform or when there are existing obstructions along the centre of the platform.
Customized racking for multiple rail car systems can also be engineered ensuring your operators are safe regardless of whether the railcars are coupled or uncoupled.