Benefits of a
Portable Truck Access System
Mobile PTA’s are the ideal solution for mitigating any potential fall protection hazards. Designed with a safety cage and stairs, a mobile PTA unit provides your operators with ease of access to any and all railcars and vehicles that need to be loaded, off-loaded or examined. In a temporary loading situation where there is a lot of movement, portable access platforms give the strength, durability, and safety that all of our permanent platforms offer.
- Portable access unit runs perpendicular to vehicle.
- Portable access units can be designed for either truck or railcar applications
- Standard portable access units have two workings ranges; 9′-6″ to 13′-6″ and 11′-6″ to 15′-6″.
- Units have an automatic self-breaking winch with backup locking pins
- Ideal for use where vehicles need to be safely accessed in different locations
- Units can also be powered and self-propelled
- Units can be designed to move with forklift pockets. Units can also be designed to be pulled behind site trucks at low speed.
TYPES OF Portable Truck Access
STANDARD/ PERPENDICULAR APPROACH
Most commonly used for single hatch railcars or trucks, the standard base provides perpendicular access to the vehicle.
This approach has the base running parallel to the vehicle and is most often used to access multiple hatches. The benefits of this approach, it allows the operator to roll the system parallel to the railcar or vehicle.